Club History

1939 Club was estbalished when a group of friends formed a men's team called the Granville Men's Hockey Club. They were aware of the game as they had played with "bush" hockey sticks on Bell's Green (Dale Street) and watched a game played at Doon Villa. Team competed in "B" grade with Glenn Skerritt as captain and team finished the first season as Premiers.
1940 Team was admitted to "A" grade where they finished as runners-up to Colts.
1941 saw a Granville Women's team playing but attempts to amalgamate the women's team in the club was unsuccessful until 11th February 1946. On 9th April 1945, a vote taken showed 7 in favour but 11 against the inclusion of women into the men's club.
In 1945 another men's team was added to the Club and was called Granville Colts. Granville men trained on Bell's Green at Granville and held picnic matches against Roos and Fourex.
1946 saw our first patron, A. Gick, appointed and the inclusion of two women's teams; Granville Rovers and Granville Ladies.
1948 Maryborough senior men won the state championship with eight members from Tigers.
1956 First "A" grade ladies premiership.
1961 First Junior Schoolgirls team; Imps was chosen as name for this team.
1966 First 2 primary teams entered into MDHA competition.
1966 Field developed.
1969 Lighting of field.
1977 10th September Clubhouse opened
1995 Club had 19 players represent Queensland in various age divisions.